June Birchbox Review

Today I am going to review the June Birchbox.  I have only just had the chance to check all the wonderful products in it.  I learnt about Birchbox from searching on google as I wanted to find a way of checking out new beauty products before purchasing them.  There are various membership options that you can choose from there are monthly, 6 monthly or yearly memberships to choose from. The yearly membership is the best in terms of saving money but I am currently doing a monthly membership to see how I get on with it.  If its something you would be interested in go to www.birchbox.co.uk.  I had an issue when I signed up and the members of Birchbox were really efficient and helpful and never make a fuss which I really like.  So on to the items inside the box.  This month Birchbox collaborated with French Sole (amazing pumps!) and produced three different pretty boxes for you to choose from, I chose this lovely flowery number.  All the boxes matched a pair of shoes which you could purchase at a really reduced price through their website.
No.7 from English Laundry
The first thing I came across in my box was a diddy sample of No.7 from English Laundry.  I am always very wary with samples of perfume as I find them sometimes rather potent and unappealing.  After I built up the courage to test it out a little smile crept across my face.  It smells absolutely divine!  Its light but stays on throughout the day.  I definitely have this on my wish list at the moment!
Rating: 9.5/10
Protect &Oil from Beauty Protector

I will be honest, at first, until I read the little booklet I genuinely had no idea what these little bottles were.  I ended up with two I am not sure if that was meant to happen but I am so so glad it did I have fallen in love.  I don't really like putting oils or products on my hair as they make it look really greasy but this product doesn't at all.  It smelt of gorgeous vanilla when I opened up the bottle and when I put it on my hair it not only made it shiny (NOT GREASY!) but also really smooth and silky.  Also it protects your hair from heat damage and UV rays so its even better in my eyes.
Rating: 10/10
ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil from Nude

Next in the box of goodies I found this little plastic bottle with a pump top.  I put some of it on to my hand and I instantly think of a spa oil.  I like how it sunk in to the skin quickly and made my face feel really nourished.  There is a bit of a downside for me on this one it is really fragrant so I would probably only use it at night time to give some extra moisture to my skin.  It also is quite pricey and I think personally I probably wouldn't purchase this for myself in the future.  
Rating: 6/10
Body Lotion in knackered cow from Cowshed

Firstly how did they know I was a knackered cow?! Anyway with their psychic powers they must of known I would really like this product.  It has Lavender and Eucalyptus and smells heavenly.  It may be a little bit strong for some but it does dull down afterwards.  When I put it on my skin felt lovely and soft and continues to feel soft all day.  Its like putting a thin yoghurt on but soaks in super fast.  I think this is a little piece of relaxing luxury for the morning before work.
Rating: 9/10
Powerlash Black Mascara by ModelCo

I haven't tried this out yet so will let you know :-)
Temporary Metallic Tattoos by STYLondon

I like a temporary tattoo now and then.  These ones are perfect for festivals as they are gold and pretty tribal patterns.  Unfortunately I couldn't get these round my wrist which is where I would like to put them and I have tiny wrists so I would like to see them slightly longer.  Also the packs are quite small for the money so for me I think there are better ones out there.
Rating 4/10
Shoe Bag from French Sole

I love French Sole shoes and got bought a pair many years ago, so when I saw that you got a pump sized shoe bag I was a happy lady!  The shoe bag was the same print as the box you chose and was so lovely and I will definitely use it when I go abroad to transport my shoes.  

All views are my own and I have not been sponsored by any of the brands above.  Please see my Disclaimer for more information.

I honestly cannot wait for my next box to arrive and do some more reviews!  Do you subscribe to anything similar to Birchbox?  What are your experiences of this type of product?
post signature
Follow

Labels: